Monday, June 14, 2010

This Is an Experience

(I will be typing the journal I am keeping in a hand-written form. Postings will be later than when I wrote them.)

Monday, June 14, 2010.

This is an experience.

The flight to London was manageable. London was gorgeous. I got to take in the sights and get to know the three women I'll be working with this summer. Amy (the IC Teacher Exchange creator and director), Catherine (the coordinator), and Danielle (logistic and finance). These three have known each other since the program began. Amy knew one of the three documentary makers since she was six (they met in acting class).

We had a few drinks, some dinner, and headed for Entebbe.

In some ways, I feel a bit removed from this outstanding trio. I also feel somewhat separated fro the teachers on the exchange. Simply, I am the youngest one here and am not yet a teacher. In a group of 19 outspoken teachers that are older than myself, it's hard to interact. But, I am accepting that I do not have to be outspoken. I have always been a more one-on-one person.

Overall, the landscape is breathtaking and we're in Uganda's capitol - Kampala.

I will have to talk more about the life of Kampala, the hostel, and the school we visited in greater detail later.

Kampala streets seem to have no traffic laws. However, it reminds me much of NYC.

With eyes and ears open,

Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment