Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Bavabuka Video, A List, and a Rhino Sighting


Check out this freestyle done especially for us at Bavabuka in Kampala!

What an incredible organization. Refer to my previous entries for further information, or google it.

--------------------------------------------------

Things Always on the Mind in Uganda

Did I take my malaria pill?
Are there many large bugs in the latrine?
When is dinner?
That is the largest spider I have ever seen.
It's true what they say about the African sun.
Is this mzungu price?
Can I add cheese?
How did the conflict effect him or her?
Am I sunburnt?
Are there mosquitos inside my net?

-------------------------------------------------

Though short, a wee trek through the bush warmed my being. My adoration for wandering in the wild is quenched. I saw a family of rhinos today. No fences were present for miles. Their silence pleased me. Humanity is, if I dare say, the loudest species. I... I feel more akin to the quiet of nature... the simple presence and living beside one another. The unutterable care for living.

... And mutatuse, oh they do jostle, tumble, and bump.

Love, love, love,

Karen

2 comments:

  1. Community, love, and artistic expression. *Love it*

    Keep posting videos and pictures; they really help us see what's going on. Do you know what's being said?

    ReplyDelete