Monday, June 18, 2012

A New Adventure

After my first year of teaching, which was an adventure in and of itself, I am heading to Ruby, Alaska.



I'll be living the self-sufficient lifestyle with Kyle at a family's home. I'll be growing food, taking care of chickens, ducks, turkeys, and goats, and, well, just about anything else I'm asked to accomplish.

This is a great test run for me in my goal to grab up a piece of land and grow my own food and maybe raise some chickens and such. We'll see if I've over romanticized it, and we'll see if I can really hack it.

I'll be keeping you all updated on my adventures here on this blog.

I leave this Thursday, June 21, and I'll return on August 22.

Here's to spontaneity (as close as I've ever really come).

1 comment:

  1. Have a wonderful adventure, Karen. I look forward to seeing what you learn! Raising animals and food is physically demanding, yet emotionally fulfilling. A part of me is going on your adventure too, so have fun, be well, use common sense (but not too much) and soak up the experience. Kathy (G'ma) Craney

    ReplyDelete